As New Haven moves into a new era with rapid growth and intensive development across multiple neighborhoods, the work of the New Haven Urban Design League is more critical than ever. For a limited time, all contributions to the League will be matched — your support can help to sustain us through 2023.
Some of our current projects and areas of focus include:
- Seeking a full remediation, and preservation, of English Station
- Advocacy for a state transportation plan that prioritizes transit and supports transit-oriented development
- Advocacy for an update to the City’s Plan of Conservation and Development consistent with principles of good planning and environmental sustainability
- Advocacy for a robust plan for transit-oriented development at New Haven Union Station
- Advocacy for policies that will create and sustain high-quality affordable housing
- Pursuit of a preservation ordinance as part of sensible zoning reform
[Press conference calling for full clean-up of English Station.]
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR WORK BY CONTRIBUTING TODAY!
[Community-developed Master Plan for the Route 34 Corridor, 2010 – 2011
Courtesy of Yale Urban Design Workshop and the League]