As New Haven moves into a new era with rapid growth and intensive development across multiple neighborhoods, the work of the New Haven Urban Design League is more critical than ever.
Some of our current projects and areas of focus include:
- Seeking a full remediation, and preservation, of English Station
- Advocacy for a state transportation plan that prioritizes transit and supports transit-oriented development
- Advocacy for a robust plan for transit-oriented development at New Haven Union Station
- Advocacy for policies that will create high-quality affordable housing
- Pursuit of a preservation ordinance as part of sensible zoning reform
[Press conference calling for full clean-up of English Station.]
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR WORK BY CONTRIBUTING TODAY!
[Community-developed Master Plan for the Route 34 Corridor, 2010 – 2011
Courtesy of Yale Urban Design Workshop and the League]